Monday, May 10, 2010

Ike's at MSP Airport - Wow!


Well – I have been asked to continue my blogs on airport dining – so then, here we go! Many people succumb to “first convenient spot available and miss many opportunities for really good eats!” Let me tell you about Ike’s!

Located at the MSP - that’s Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. This is not your standard airport food fare. I have been eating there for years and the remarkable thing its not just about the quality and diversity of offerings, but also consistency of preparation and service and the most attentive and friendliest of staff! Ike’s is a jewel at MSP!

From the moment you enter, you are impressed with the ambiance. The acoustics facilitates business or intimate conversation; the lighting makes you warm and comfortable and table spacing is designed for relaxation at an unhurried pace.

I always get the iceberg lettuce, bacon, the blue cheese salad, the pork-filled pot stickers, and the shrimp cocktail (remarkable)! But, let us but let us not stop there! The menu is enriched with special small plates, classic American favorites (meaning gravy), as well as an array of interesting beef, seafood, sandwiches, salads, soups and just about everything including crab cakes! The staff is fantastic and makes you feel so special. I wish to thank Latira and Zaida for their attention to detail and just all around fun.

So, next time when at MSP– you know where to go!

Let’s face it – you don’t get quality on the cheap – if that’s what you’re after – why are you even reading this…I want, you want, a cascading waterfall of flavor, fun and good eats!

4 comments:

  1. Pricing has ben characterized on other reviews as $$ - but it is probably just a shade higher - figure about $30, plus tip for a glass of house wine, and two appetizers (pot stickers and a giant shrimp cocktail; you can get a great lunch for that price for sure. For dinner, including wine and an appetizer and entree with tip is about $50-60. Hope this helps you.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholeheartedly agree...Ike's is the best place to eat at the airport. However, I only ever sit at the bar. Some of my friends who have tried it upon my recommendation sat in the restaurant and have nearly missed their flights because of the slow service. I've never experienced that at the bar.
    The breakfast quesadilla and the American breakfast are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny - I have never sat at the bar - and I have always had excellent service. I have been often tempted to do the bar - but it seems I always need table space for catching up. I also need to try something different - I like the quesadilla idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete