Monday, March 12, 2012

OKINI PAN ASIAN RESTAURANT & SUSHI BAR


Well here we go!  I discovered this gem in Harrisburg, PA 3402-3406 Walnut Street.  I was staying at the Wyndham Garden, did not feel like another smoky dinner at Gilligan’s (yes they allow smoking in the bar).  So, the hotel dude flipped me a few Chinese menus.  This one blew my hair straight back!  Okay: Chinese, several regional styles, Japanese (especially diverse rolls, katsu, tempura, teriyaki, hibachi, sashimi, appetizers and so on)…but here is where it gets interesting: Thai, Hawaiian, Indonesian, Malaysian, and so on.  Are you kidding me?  This menu is exceptional – I wish I could have ordered one of everything.  The accompanying sauces for the food I did order were extraordinary, and each one carefully composed, with attention to quality, freshness, authenticity and well, just real pride.  I had the following: the Royal Cuisine of Thailand’s signature appetizer: whole chicken wings, boned out and stuffed with ground shrimp, cellophane noodles, cilantro and spices, aka “Angle Wings” – how utterly fitting.  I also had the Thai Fish Cakes, ground fish, curry sauce, and Thai herbs and fried, along with a sweet chili dipping sauce.  Next up, Chicken Satay, marinated and grilled with a bright spicy peanut sauce; very most and tender, glistening with the glow of the brazier.  The main event was a brilliantly composed dish of udon noodles, with chicken and shrimp, floating delightfully in an aromatic bath of bell pepper, onion, scallion and black pepper sauce, hence, Black Pepper Udon.  Fantastic.  Please go there, pick up, or order delivery – free within 5 miles.  You will love it!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment